Creating a killer lesson plan might be a daunting and time-consuming experience, but with the right resources you’ll definitely succeed. One of the best written course-books that you can find on the market at the moment is the New English File series, that includes a Student’s Book, Teacher’s Book, Work Book with key booklet, Student’s MultiROM (PC and Mac compatible), class audio CDs and video plus some additioanal and free online practise on www.elt.opu.com
- suitable for group classes, easily adapted for one-to-one teaching;
- every part of a unit deals with a different grammar point, wahich is discussed in great detail in the grammar bank at the end of the book;
- topics covered are interesting and engaging, each part of the unit tackles different context and the relevant vocab is presented in the vocabulary bank at the back of the book;
- each section of the unit ( 9 units in total, 8 units are divided into 4 sections, last unit contains 2 section) is designed to be used as a lesson;
- great focus on the listening and reading exercises which are well designed with an excellent comprehension, production and pre-listening/reading analysis;
- colloquial language usage and extra recordings included within the Practical English section;
- includes separate section covering writing exercises (e.g. an informal letter, description, a review) together with the linking words and adequate vocab for a particular type of writing;
- a well-designed revise and check section are also provided at the end of each unit;
- strong emphasis on pronunciation and word and sentence stress in every unit.
- compared with other course-books at intermediate level the NEF seems to lack in the vocabulary range;
- many exercises are designed for groups of students rather than private tuitions;
- can’t be used as a self-study;
- the listening and reading comprehension could have been slightly more difficult
NEF – Teacher’s Book
- includes answers and suggested lessons plan for each teaching section (e.g.optional lead-ins, methods for the presentation of the grammar and exercises)
- well designed and structured photocopiable pair work and speaking activities, including lyrics, reviewing the grammar and vocabulary previously covered.
- gives your learners plenty of practice in all the grammar structures and vocabulary from the main text, especially when done as homework task.